Within this document, the terms “Data Alchemy“, “we“, and “us” means Data Alchemy, Inc. (doing business as Data Alchemy), a Delaware corporation whose registered office is at the following address:
Data Alchemy, Inc.
810 E 8th Street
Oakland, CA 94606
1. General and Interpretation
1. Your Data Privacy Rights
We take our customers’ privacy rights seriously. This broadly means that our customers will have the right to know who is processing their data and why. In addition, Data Alchemy respects the following rights with respect to your data:
– the right to restrict direct marketing
– the right to withdraw consent subject to Data Alchemy legal obligations
1.1.1 Data Alchemy Legal Obligations
In support of the identity theft protocols, Data Alchemy currently maintains customer information on account for 5 years. Data Alchemy has a process in place to automatically erase customer personal data 5 years after the customer account has been closed.
1.1.2 More about your rights
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal. Nor will it affect the legal obligations that govern Data Alchemy’s legitimate interest in retaining certain types of personal data.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data the methods described in the Contact section below and here:
– During registration you will be apprised of Data Alchemy personal data requests and prompted for consent
– At any time you can click through email or website links to exercise your rights as described above.
2. Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our sites www.dataalchemy.com (our sites) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register a Customer account on our site, otherwise make use of any products or services available from our website or mobile applications, and when you report a problem, make a complaint to us, and other requests compatible with your privacy rights. The information you give us may include your name, username or nickname (if they contain personal information), your address, e-mail address and mobile phone number. Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
– Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform,
– Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), web pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate from time to time or if you avail yourself of the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, our business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
4. Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give us. With your consent, we will use this information to:
– Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us,
– Provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used,
– Notify you about changes to our service,
– Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer,
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
– To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes,
– To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer,
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so,
– As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure,
– To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you,
– To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
5. Disclosure of Your Information
Data Alchemy will never sell data that personally identifies you to anyone. However, we may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, or our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries for various business purposes.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
– Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them.
– Credit reference agencies or other third-party service providers who will check or authenticate you.
– Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in postal code 94606). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
– Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. Data Alchemy will notify you of such an event well in advance.
– If Data Alchemy, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
6. Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.